Poll: Do you wish to have mass/volume enabled on the server?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
41.67%
5 41.67%
No
58.33%
7 58.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enable mass/volume on the server?
Hello,

I'm gonna see how many people are interested in the new mass and volume aspect of the game so I wish to hear your opinion, because I care about what you think. I'll later see how big the interest is and perhaps enable it.
I think that the game already has a lot of opportunities for micromanagement and increase its volume will add annoying routine and kill players a lot of time that can be spent on the study of the world, planets. Instead, I would like to offer to make some mini the instance or dungeon, the passage of which do not need a lot of time. I think it can attract new players to the server. Also, I think it would be useful to introduce the mod of the Bank, the type of HWS. It is very useful and appreciated by the players. Thanks.
Undecided. Mostly because I haven't tested it at all yet.
As Tamor above says - it just adds to the micromanagement right now.. but then again, with boxes in 9.4 are scrollable you can fit ALOT of stuff in one normal box Tongue
We could add the bank, but we need to get trading going at all for it to serve any purpose. I've seen people are more prone to use the trading stations lately though so it's coming along in the right direction.

I don't see that thinking about how you load your vessel is unreasonable, you do require to think about the load of something which in my opinion is a natural part of any kind of game like this. You need to think about the design of your vessel and it only will lead to more realistic ships, it is science fiction in my opinion even if it isn't a simulator like Space Engineers and so at least I wish it to be bound to scientific laws.
Don't forget to vote too.
I like the idea of more science and "realism", however reading forums on Empyrions site the general consensus is it is a massive headache especially for existing BP's.

Maybe a week day test of it to see if it really buggers our lives up, or if not so bad...
I like weights and volume in principle and do play with it on solo but edited the PU to match cargo boxes as can’t deal with the idea of a box neededing power screws the concept of solar bases
(03-12-2019, 07:17 PM)benjamin535 Wrote: I like weights and volume in principle and do play with it on solo but edited the PU to match cargo boxes as can’t deal with the idea of a box neededing power screws the concept of solar bases

I have edited the power cost of the new modular containers and extensions already to use considerably less energy. If necessary I can reduce it further.